I usually write my long entries and then decide upon a suitable title. Today, I have done otherwise. New seeds, recent surprises - please allow me to share with you whatever comes to mind.
This morning, over breakfast with Francis and cute Ethan, I had the pleasure of meeting Sivin. What seem to be the occasional visits to his site now became a real, interactive and community-like of morning breakfast friendship. There was U2, mere christianity, supports in various thoughts and probably just an interesting morning shared. What better place to be than the coffeeshop. We chinese-mah!
For me, it's always great to meet people who shares the same journey with me . What more one with a wealth of knowledge and experience which sparks my personal interest in seeing a shade of God in one person.
I spent the rest of the morning applying for jobs, well, I basically spent a great amount of time tailoring my resume for Procter & Gamble for their management program position and consumer & market knowledge manager position. God willing! I have definitely narrowed my interest to marketing jobs with MNC and human capital with potential firms.
I am needing to apply to a whole bunch of other companies just to get a feel of how interviews are being conducted for a certain reason - experience and people observation, that's me goal.
With recent turn of events, I had to reprioritize my work availability till mid-april and I'm really praying and hoping things work out for me. Which leads me to this new seed, I have been given an opportunity to be in London & Birmingham with my dad from end of march for two weeks. We shall be attending IPEX (www.ipex.org). Also, I get to see London, and immerse myself in the West End - theatre & musicals! Yay, baby! I'll probably be camping there to get ilham :) I'm really excited about this trip, hence the people I have been hooking up over soon to write emails. Hang in there.
I received a call last week to audition for a part in Malay drama series, 'Realiti' by Ping (Kopitiam & Getting together fame). They are sending me the script for me to read my part. My first secular script, nice! To think the months before, I went in from trying to be a talent to a production assistant. I gave up because of time clashes and penetration was entirely difficult. But a sudden change of wind, an opporunity. Thank God for sure, and I can only hope to prepare well.
My recent venture for a casting with Motorola and Coke, I called in earlier just to check on the status. I got shortlisted for the Coke commercial. If I do get the part, I'll be shooting from the 13 - 15 March. And, with my braces coming off tomorrow, it's like a green light path for tv commercials. Braces and on screen is a major no-no :)
Like I have said earlier, these are all new seeds, surprises sprung gently from no where. I am just thankful and knowing that some may not materialize, I just have to go ahead and give my best shot.
Group 26, that's where I'm at for BSF. I spent the week working on the homework. I must say, for me, it's been a great opportunity to learn about Genesis but what I gained most from the study was the meaning of 'Holy Spirit' and 'light'. To be taught and revealed by the inspired word of God with the different layers of what spirit and light means, I gained a much richer understanding for myself. The spirit as a counsellor, interceder, a renewed heart with spiritual conviction has been the key themes for me. Light separates darkness, as a guide, a resource of strength and path for my journey has been comforting. I also learnt through the word of God, that indeed he created the heaven and earth because he first loved us, and to exemplify his love and creativity before us, so that we may enjoy his great gifts is truly magnificent.
7:30 pm. Tonight.
So February window has been with a surprisingly pleasant start compared to depressing January. Although, the final face off is soon, I'm daily preparing for the countdown.
Heads up, heads up now :)
This morning, over breakfast with Francis and cute Ethan, I had the pleasure of meeting Sivin. What seem to be the occasional visits to his site now became a real, interactive and community-like of morning breakfast friendship. There was U2, mere christianity, supports in various thoughts and probably just an interesting morning shared. What better place to be than the coffeeshop. We chinese-mah!
For me, it's always great to meet people who shares the same journey with me . What more one with a wealth of knowledge and experience which sparks my personal interest in seeing a shade of God in one person.
I spent the rest of the morning applying for jobs, well, I basically spent a great amount of time tailoring my resume for Procter & Gamble for their management program position and consumer & market knowledge manager position. God willing! I have definitely narrowed my interest to marketing jobs with MNC and human capital with potential firms.
I am needing to apply to a whole bunch of other companies just to get a feel of how interviews are being conducted for a certain reason - experience and people observation, that's me goal.
With recent turn of events, I had to reprioritize my work availability till mid-april and I'm really praying and hoping things work out for me. Which leads me to this new seed, I have been given an opportunity to be in London & Birmingham with my dad from end of march for two weeks. We shall be attending IPEX (www.ipex.org). Also, I get to see London, and immerse myself in the West End - theatre & musicals! Yay, baby! I'll probably be camping there to get ilham :) I'm really excited about this trip, hence the people I have been hooking up over soon to write emails. Hang in there.
I received a call last week to audition for a part in Malay drama series, 'Realiti' by Ping (Kopitiam & Getting together fame). They are sending me the script for me to read my part. My first secular script, nice! To think the months before, I went in from trying to be a talent to a production assistant. I gave up because of time clashes and penetration was entirely difficult. But a sudden change of wind, an opporunity. Thank God for sure, and I can only hope to prepare well.
My recent venture for a casting with Motorola and Coke, I called in earlier just to check on the status. I got shortlisted for the Coke commercial. If I do get the part, I'll be shooting from the 13 - 15 March. And, with my braces coming off tomorrow, it's like a green light path for tv commercials. Braces and on screen is a major no-no :)
Like I have said earlier, these are all new seeds, surprises sprung gently from no where. I am just thankful and knowing that some may not materialize, I just have to go ahead and give my best shot.
Group 26, that's where I'm at for BSF. I spent the week working on the homework. I must say, for me, it's been a great opportunity to learn about Genesis but what I gained most from the study was the meaning of 'Holy Spirit' and 'light'. To be taught and revealed by the inspired word of God with the different layers of what spirit and light means, I gained a much richer understanding for myself. The spirit as a counsellor, interceder, a renewed heart with spiritual conviction has been the key themes for me. Light separates darkness, as a guide, a resource of strength and path for my journey has been comforting. I also learnt through the word of God, that indeed he created the heaven and earth because he first loved us, and to exemplify his love and creativity before us, so that we may enjoy his great gifts is truly magnificent.
7:30 pm. Tonight.
So February window has been with a surprisingly pleasant start compared to depressing January. Although, the final face off is soon, I'm daily preparing for the countdown.
Heads up, heads up now :)

Braces off already ah? I soooo jelez!!!!! ;p
All the best for the audition, man!
Cya on Thurs.
'i wish i could meet the author of my faith' -that is such a powerful sentiment that i wish would incur more in my daily journeys with Him. Another new seed you forgot to mention is your upcoming performance, man, my only consolation is in seeing whatever video that might be made of my parents' event- I feel so far mentally and emotionally sometimes but it is so nice to be brought back home through your entries. DTB